Blood Plasma Freezers
With blood plasma, creating the proper environment for rapid freezing and storage is critical. Maintaining the exact temperature range required takes a reliable enclosure plus heavy-duty refrigeration systems. Norlake Scientific Enviro-Line freezers provide both plus much more.
Enviro-Line freezers feature 5-inch thick wall, ceiling and floor panels to ensure a consistent -40°F in storage and freezer sections. In addition, industrial refrigeration systems are constructed with high quality components to meet the demands of blood plasma freezing.
Enviro-Line Freezer Features
- Energy efficient polyurethane-foamed panels provide maximum insulation with an R-value of 40.0
- The standard blood plasma freezer layout includes an ante-room. This area reduces ice formation by providing a barrier between ambient air and -40°F conditions in the freezers.
- UL approved control panel complete with circuit breakers and multi audio visual alarms for added safety.
- Pressure relief ports disperse moisture in the air to reduce frost accumulation as well as equalize air pressure in the walk-in to make it easier to open doors.
- Heavy-duty door provides a dependable seal and features adjustable hinge backing plates to always ensure a proper fit in the door opening
- Durable aluminum diamond tread floor finish with optional finishes available.
Industrial Refrigeration System Features
- Built-up condensing units with two stage compressors are used in plasma and storage freezer sections
- A separate condensing unit cools the ante-room
- Condensing units feature factory pre-wired and mounted components for simple installation
- Evaporator coils, specially designed for ultra low temp environments, are ready to mount in position
- Optional back-up refrigeration systems to secure against service interruption available for each compartment
Patented LogiTemp Plus™ With Reverse Cycle Defrost System
Enviro-Line blood plasma freezers are equipped with the LogiTemp Plus electronic controller system to increase the safety of stored products while reducing energy and installation costs. As an integrated part of refrigeration systems, LogiTemp boosts system efficiency and provides many other benefits.
- More precise and reliable controls than an all-mechanical system for increased product safety
- Easier installation with no wiring required between evaporator coils and condensing units (2 pairs of low voltage wires, typically thermostat cables, are required to operate the Reverse Cycle Defrost valve and the compressor relay at the condensing unit)
- LogiTemp Plus patented design saves up to 27% more energy than an all-mechanical system
- Demand Defrost technology initiates defrosts only as needed for further energy savings
- System settings are accessible through a detachable tablet interface located on the front of the freezer. Operators may monitor and adjust refrigeration settings on site or remove the tablet and take with them for remote access.
- System performance data may also be accessed from any other device with an internet connection including PC or Mac desktops as well as Android or iOS smartphones.
- No need for a service tech to climb onto a roof or enter the freezer to monitor or adjust the refrigeration system
Reverse Cycle Defrost Function
When evaporator coils are blocked due to ice build-up, they lose the ability to transfer heat properly. Temperatures in a refrigerated space then rise, resulting in product loss. To protect your plasma, each LogiTemp Plus system is equipped with the reverse cycle defrost function that completely removes frost build-up in coils.
Reverse Cycle Defrost offers several advantages:
- Helps prevent product loss by completely and rapidly removing ice build-up in evaporator coils. Reverse Cycle works from the inside of the coil outward compared to less efficient methods that work from the outside in.
- Reduces defrost energy usage by up to 80% over traditional electric heaters
- Performs a defrost in as little as 3 to 5 minutes. Shorter defrost times protect product integrity. The average defrost time for a freezer with electric heaters is 20 to 30 minutes.
- Adds refrigerant savings due to reduced charge