As businesses around the globe confront the challenges posed by the COVID-19 virus, we want to update our customers and partners regarding the impacts we see and the steps we are taking at Refrigerated Solutions Group (RSG). To date, we have not seen notable effects at our Nor-Lake and Master-Bilt businesses. We are continuing operations. Our supplier network continues to provide the materials and services needed to feed our internal manufacturing processes and ultimately meet our commitments to customers.
To protect the health and safety of our associates, customers, suppliers, and the communities in which we live and work, we are taking the following steps:
- RSG has a team comprised of the appropriate personal that is meeting frequently to monitor, advise and direct actions.
- We are monitoring and implementing central and local governmental directives at the businesses.
- We are staying up to date with the latest information and advice from the World Health Organization, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and local Health Departments.
- We are limiting RSG personnel travel to critical business matters.
- We are restricting plant visits for both our suppliers and customers, and request that normal site meetings utilize web-based technology. Any visits deemed critical must be approved by the site leader and RSG President and follow protocol for Social Distancing Guidelines at Work.
- We have instituted more frequent and rigorous cleaning procedures around the company and are restricting access to our sites as warranted.
- We have instituted an absence policy that allows our associates who are not feeling well to be absent beyond normal parameters, and we are encouraging our team members to remain at home if they are not feeling well.
- We are actively exploring “alternate shift” and “work-from-home” arrangements for our workforce if individuals incur challenges, such as childcare, due to school closures.
- Above all we will be attentive to an evolving environment and to be flexible in our responses.
We also believe our customers have an important role in providing additional and constant communication as your needs change. Please engage as soon as possible with your Master-Bilt and Nor-Lake contacts, for a steady stream of customer demand is the lifeblood of our business, and we kindly ask that you work with us to maintain your demand schedules with us. RSG is dedicated to meeting its commitments, and we will adapt as things continue to change. By working closely together, we will help each other and our communities through this challenge.