Walk-In Cooler and Freezer Repair and Refurbishment
Daily usage in busy foodservice workspaces can be rough on your walk-in cooler. Walk-ins subjected to frequent abuse lead to various issues. For example, regular door slamming causes damaged hinges, closers and handles. Also, heavy cart or forklift traffic leads to buckled floors and peeling metal, not to mention refrigeration systems that wear out when not appropriately serviced.
All these issues lead to lowered performance and place your stored items at risk. Fortunately, Norlake's walk-in cooler and freezer repair and refurbishment program will restore its performance.
Repair Or Replace?
When debating repairing vs. replacing your walk-in, repairing it is likely the more practical solution if:
- The walk-in still holds temperature and…
- The damage is confined to one or two components (door, floor or refrigeration system)
Norlake provides each one of these components through the walk-in cooler and freezer repair and refurbishment program.
Walk-In Door Replacement
Over time, numerous openings and closings, dents and scrapes can reduce the performance of a walk-in door and place your stored items at risk. Norlake surface-mount replacement doors restore your walk-in’s ability to hold the cold. They also fit practically any walk-in cooler or freezer, even from another manufacturer.
Our replacement doors:
- Meet Health Department and USDA regulations
- Increase energy efficiency by sealing cold air leaks
- Are UL Listed, also classified by UL Inc. per NSF standards
- Are designed and certified for use in walk-in cooler and freezer applications per DOE requirements
Walk-In Floor Repair And Refurbishment
Is your floor finish peeling away from the insulation? Solve the problem with a new floor overlaminate. Our standard .100 aluminum finish provides a durable surface. Other aluminum and stainless steel finishes are also available.
If you have extensive floor damage or want to add a floor to a floorless walk-in, Norlake drop-in floors are the answer. Drop-in floors are field installed in your walk-in regardless of the manufacturer.
Standard features include:
- Smooth aluminum finish
- Foamed-in-place plywood subfloor
- Diamond tread floor plate or 3/16” smooth aluminum floor plate
- Stainless steel cove molding
- Will support cart or caged delivery
Capsule Pak™ Refrigeration System Replacement
Replace your Capsule Pak refrigeration system with a new, more efficient model. Available for indoor and outdoor walk-ins, Capsule Pak systems are composed of a condensing unit and evaporator coil in a single housing. All models are factory assembled, wired, charged, tested and fully equipped for fast and easy insertion into a walk-in ceiling opening.
Installation is simple with cord and plug electrical connection on all models. Additionally, indoor models don’t require plumbing.
Other features include:
- A standard electronic controller for enhanced reliability, connectivity and food safety
- UL and C-UL electrical listing on complete systems
- DOE, AWEF, SNAP and CARB compliant
- 18 months parts and labor warranty
Split-Pak™ Remote Refrigeration System Replacement
Replacement remote refrigeration systems range from 1/2 to 6 HP and are factory assembled on a galvanized steel angle leg base. Evaporator coils are ready to mount in position on a walk-in and are available with air (off cycle) defrost, electric defrost or optional reverse cycle defrost when equipped with the LogiTemp® Plus With Reverse Cycle Defrost system.
Additionally, dedicated medium temp outdoor condensing units meet the DOE requirement of a minimum AWEF rating of 7.61 (Btu/W-h).
For a quote on a replacement Split-Pak system, please fill out and email our Load Calculation Information form to email@example.com.