Mini Room Controlled Temperature Chambers
Mini Room controlled temperature chambers provide a stable environment that’s easy to install. Depending on size, you can assemble temperature chamber panels in minutes with Norlake Scientific’s cam-locking 4-inch-thick panels. Each Mini Room also ships with a matching SciPak™ refrigeration system that easily sets in place in the ceiling.
Once in place, the Mini Room’s newly enhanced electronic controls create the exact temperature conditions required for your application.
Mini Room controlled temperature chamber sizes range from 4' x 6' to 8' x 14'. They are available in heights of 6’7” and 7’7” with-floor and 7’4” less-floor. Offered as +4°C coolers and -20°C freezers, Mini Rooms also have a three-year parts and labor warranty, one of the best in the industry. With this flexibility, Mini Room controlled temperature chambers are ideal for applications including:
- Blood banks
- University and medical research facilities
- Agricultural growth rooms
- Museum art and collections storage
- Storage of reagents, media, proteins, specimens and other samples and solutions
Mini Room Refrigeration Systems
Reliable refrigeration systems are vital when it comes to controlled temperature chambers. That’s why Mini Room SciPak™ refrigeration systems are built with dependable components and precise controls.
SciPak refrigeration systems are also efficient in design. Each system consists of a condensing unit and evaporator coil contained in a single housing making them simple to install. Additionally, the evaporator coil is flush mounted in the Mini Room ceiling panel so it doesn’t take up valuable interior storage space.
Mini Room Control Panels
Mini Rooms are complete with an exterior UL approved control panel to provide valuable feedback on system performance, alarms and monitoring.
Each control panel features circuit breakers and multi audio visual alarms for added safety. In addition to safety features, a standard electronic chart recorder provides highly accurate tracking of system performance.
Mini Room Standard Electronic Control System
Tracking temperature chamber performance and adjusting settings is simple. The LogiTemp Plus™ With Reverse Cycle Defrost electronic control system features an easy-to-use tablet interface on the front of the Mini Room. Operators may monitor and adjust refrigeration settings on site or remove the tablet and take with them for remote access. If there’s a problem, LogiTemp Plus warns immediately via error codes and online data.
As an integrated part of SciPak refrigeration systems, LogiTemp Plus also boosts system efficiency and provides many other benefits:
- More precise and reliable controls than an all-mechanical system for increased product safety
- LogiTemp Plus patented design saves up to 27% more energy than an all-mechanical system
- Demand Defrost technology initiates defrosts only as needed for further energy savings
- System performance data may also be accessed from any other device with an internet connection including PC or Mac desktops as well as Android or iOS smartphones.
- No need for a service tech to climb onto a roof or enter the freezer to monitor or adjust the refrigeration system
Reverse Cycle Defrost Function
When evaporator coils are blocked due to ice build-up, they lose the ability to transfer heat properly. Temperatures in a refrigerated space then rise, resulting in product loss. To protect your stored product, each LogiTemp Plus system is equipped with the reverse cycle defrost function that completely removes frost build-up in coils.
Reverse Cycle Defrost offers several advantages:
- Reduces defrost energy usage by up to 80% over traditional electric heaters
- Performs a defrost in as little as 3 to 5 minutes in a freezer or 1-1/2 to 2 minutes in a cooler. Average defrost time for a freezer with electric heaters is 20 to 30 minutes.
- Shorter defrost times allow more consistent interior temperature and protect product integrity
Have an application that calls for a more customized structure? Norlake Scientific's Enviro-Line environmental rooms are the answer. Create the exact temperature, humidity and light conditions needed using a wide variety of refrigeration system and control options.
Click on link below to download.