LogiTemp Plus™ With Reverse Cycle Defrost
When evaporator coils are blocked due to ice build-up, they lose the ability to transfer heat properly. Temperatures in a refrigerated space then rise, resulting in food spoilage. To protect your perishables, LogiTemp Plus adds a reverse cycle defrost valve to completely remove frost build-up in coils.
As an option on remote Split-Pak™ systems, LogiTemp Plus With Reverse Cycle Defrost offers several advantages:
- The Reverse Cycle Defrost function helps prevent food spoilage by completely and rapidly removing ice build-up in evaporator coils.
- Reverse Cycle works from the inside of the coil outward compared to less efficient methods that work from the outside in.
- Reverse Cycle reduces defrost energy usage by up to 80% over traditional electric heaters
- Performs a defrost in as little as 3 to 5 minutes in a freezer or 1-1/2 to 2 minutes in a cooler. Shorter defrost times help protect food integrity. The average defrost time for a freezer with electric heaters is 20 to 30 minutes.
- Adds refrigerant savings due to reduced charge